Sunday, November 01, 2009

Azazel the Corrupt




I was watching Paranormal Activities and there was a topic about demonology occult in the movie. I'm not really into occult because there's a lot of hoaxes and conspiracy in spiritual entities. There was a lot random demon names like Azazel, Lucifer, Belial, etc. Each demon classifies the seven sins in which I did not know about. Lucifer as pride, Mammon as greed, Asmodeus as lust, Leviathan as envy, so on.

I did some trial-and-error designs for the eyes. The first one came unattractive; it didn't grab much attention. The second design attracts a lot in my opinon. I toned down a bit and gave a red eye on the third to see whether or not it improve from the previous one. The fourth would be what I called, "Standard version," in other words, the median of all 5 designs. The last was more like the Lich King with the flashy eye glow from World of Warcraft: The Wrath of the Lich King.

I'll probably do a turnaround for this guy if I have time. lol

4 comments:

Josh Kao said...

hey casey cool stuff man, hows japan treating you? I heard you got an offer for a full time position over there?

Casey said...

Yo, Josh. Thanks for the comment. Working here in Japan is pretty hectic. lol A lot of work but it's also a great experience to understand the differences between the Japanese and the American video game industry.

I did get an offer as a full time position but I decided to return to LA and graduate Art Center while working on freelance work.

Dilanka Samaratunga said...

haha the image keeps changing! I like the work your putting into this. But I would love to see more clarity in the design. Example in the chains and the dark's.

Good stuff man!

Casey said...

Yupe, I'm not satisfied with how it came out. haha I should definitely work on the chains and bring out more from the dark. Maybe incorporate an environment rather than a starry hazy glow around him and also render a full body for him, showing his limbs more.